Australian High Commission in Rarotonga, Cook Islands
G'day, Kia Orana and welcome to the official website of the Australian High Commission in Rarotonga, Cook Islands.
Our chargé d’affaires is Chris Munn.
We invite you to access the resources and information contained on this website or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Need information on visiting Rarotonga? Read the following:
- Travel advice from the Australian Government
- Official travel bulletins on special issues and events
- Other Australian Government embassies, high commissions, consulates, multilateral missions and representative offices around the world
Smartraveller has the latest, authoritative travel advice so you can be informed and prepared about overseas travel. Subscribe to receive travel advice updates - by simply supplying your name and email address – straight to your inbox.
You can now also subscribe to the new SMS service - by supplying your mobile number – to receive critical alerts in the event of a crisis overseas.
In a crisis, Smartraveller will activate a crisis page on its website. It will make it easier for you or someone you know to contact the Australian Government if you need help. It will supplement the consular emergency hotline.
Visit www.smartraveller.gov.au to subscribe or connect with Smartraveller on Facebook and Twitter.
If you need immediate assistance, you can call the Consular Emergency Centre on +61 2 6261 3305 from overseas or 1300 555 135 from within Australia.
Has your passport been lost or stolen in Cook Islands?
- Report the loss or theft online
- Call the Australian Passport Information Service on 131 232 from within Australia.
- Seek more information on the Australian Passports Office website.
Applying for a passport?
- For passport information including applying for or renewing your passport, visit www.passports.gov.au.
- The Australian High Commission in Rarotonga does not issue passports, though will be able to provide you with information and limited support for the application process.
- Passport fees for 2019 are listed here.
The Australian High Commission in Rarotonga does not provide notarial services.
Australian Passport Offices in Sydney or Melbourne can legalise (Apostille/Authenticate) some Australian documents and can issue Certificates of No Impediment to Marriage (CNI). Information on how to request these services via mail can be found in the ‘Documents in Australia’ section on the Smartraveller website https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/consular-services/notarial-services
The Australian High Commission in Wellington, may be able to assist with other notarial acts. Contact the High Commission by email on email@example.com or by phone on +64 4 473 6411.
Living in Australia
The High Commission welcomes expressions of interest from enthusiastic and suitably qualified Cook Islands residents who have an interest in future employment opportunities with the Australian High Commission.
A recruitment process for a dynamic, self-motivated and experienced staff member is likely to begin in early 2020.
Details will be made available on this website shortly.