Head of Mission
On 17 March 2020, Dr Christopher Watkins became Australia's first resident High Commissioner to Cook Islands.
The Australian High Commission Rarotonga is co-located with the New Zealand High Commission Rarotonga. Please contact us by phone or email to make an appointment. The office will be open for appointments between 10am and 12pm Mondays to Thursdays.
Email | email@example.com
Australian High Commission
1st floor Philatelic Bureau Building, Takuvaine Rd
Australian High Commission Rarotonga, c/o New Zealand High Commission
PO Box 21
Public Holidays in 2020
The High Commission will be closed on:
- Wednesday January 1 - New Year’s Day
- Thursday January 2 - New Year Holiday
- Monday March 9 - Canberra Day
- Friday April 10 - Good Friday
- Monday April 13 - Easter Monday
- Monday April 27 - Anzac Day (in lieu)
- Monday June 1 - Reconcilliation Day (Australia) / Queen's Birthday (Cook Islands)
- Monday June 8 - Queen’s Birthday (Australia)
- Friday July 6 - Ra o te Ui Ariki (Cook Islands, in lieu)
- Tuesday August 4 - Constitution Day (Cook Islands)
- Monday October 5 - Labour Day (Australia)
- Monday October 26 - National Gospel Day (Cook Islands)
- Friday December 25 - Christmas Day
- Monday December 28 - Boxing Day (in lieu)
The High Commission welcomes expressions of interest from enthusiastic and suitably qualified Cook Islands residents who have an interest in future employment opportunities with the Australian High Commission.
The High Commission will undertake a recruitment process for a dynamic, self-motivated and experienced staff member in 2020.