Head of Mission
From mid-December 2019, until the announcement of a permanent High Commissioner (expected to be in early 2020), Mr Chris Munn will be Australia’s chargé d’affaires in Rarotonga.
The Australian High Commission Rarotonga will be co-located with the New Zealand High Commission Rarotonga. As the High Commission is currently operating from interim premises, please contact us by phone or email to make an appointment.
Phone | +682 73379
Email | firstname.lastname@example.org
New Zealand High Commission
1st floor, Philatelic Bureau Building, Takuvaine Rd
Australian High Commission Rarotonga, c/o New Zealand High Commission
PO Box 21
Public holidays in 2020
The High Commission will be closed on:
- 1 January (Wednesday) - New Year’s Day
- 2 January (Thursday) - New Year Holiday
- 10 April (Friday) - Good Friday
- 13 April (Monday) - Easter Monday
- 27 April (Monday) Anzac Day (in lieu)
- 1 June (Monday) – The Sovereign’s/Queen’s Birthday (Cook Islands)
- 3 July(Friday) Ra o te Ui Ariki
- 4 August (Tuesday) Constitution Day
- 5 October (Monday) - Labour Day
- 26 October (Monday) National Gospel Day
- 25 December (Friday) - Christmas
- 28 December (Monday) – Additional Public Holiday
- 29 December (Tuesday) – Additional Public Holiday
- 30 December (Wednesday) – Additional Public Holiday
The High Commission welcomes expressions of interest from enthusiastic and suitably qualified Cook Islands residents who have an interest in future employment opportunities with the Australian High Commission.
A recruitment process for a dynamic, self-motivated and experienced staff member is likely to begin in early 2020.