The health and safety of Australians overseas is our highest priority. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our ability to provide some services may be limited. We will continue to prioritise consular services to those in need. If you require urgent assistance, please contact our Consular Emergency Centre, Canberra (Australia): +61 2 6261 3305.
Australian High Commission in Rarotonga, Cook Islands
Kia Orana and welcome to the official website of the Australian High Commission in Rarotonga, Cook Islands.
Our High Commissioner is Dr Christopher Watkins. He delivered his letter of introduction to Prime Minister Henry Puna on 17 March 2020, and became Australia's first resident High Commissioner to Cook Islands. Australia has had diplomatic relations with Cook Islands since 1994.
We invite you to access the resources and information contained on this website or contact us at email@example.com
Need information on visiting Rarotonga? Read the following:
- Travel advice from the Australian Government
Smartraveller has the latest, authoritative travel advice so you can be informed and prepared about overseas travel. Subscribe to receive travel advice updates - by simply supplying your name and email address – straight to your inbox.
You can now also subscribe to the new SMS service - by supplying your mobile number – to receive critical alerts in the event of a crisis overseas.
In a crisis, Smartraveller will activate a crisis page on its website. It will make it easier for you or someone you know to contact the Australian Government if you need help. It will supplement the consular emergency hotline.
Visit www.smartraveller.gov.au to subscribe or connect with Smartraveller on Facebook and Twitter.
If you need immediate assistance, you can call the Consular Emergency Centre on +61 2 6261 3305 from overseas or 1300 555 135 from within Australia.
Has your passport been lost or stolen in Cook Islands?
- Report the loss or theft online
- Call the Australian Passport Information Service on 131 232 from within Australia.
- Seek more information on the Australian Passports Office website.
- In an emergency the Australian High Commission in Rarotonga may be able to assist in providing a Provisional Travel Document.
Applying for a passport?
- The Australian High Commission in Rarotonga does not issue or renew passports. Passports can be renewed at our consulate in Auckland. From time to time, we organise a passports team to visit Rarotonga, if you would like to register for a passport interview during that visit, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For general information on applying for a passport or renewing your current or expired passport, visit www.passports.gov.au.
- Passport fees for 2020 are listed here.
The Australian High Commission in Rarotonga does not provide notarial services.
Australian Passport Offices in Sydney or Melbourne can legalise (Apostille/Authenticate) some Australian documents and can issue Certificates of No Impediment to Marriage (CNI). Information on how to request these services via mail can be found in the ‘Documents in Australia’ section on the Smartraveller website https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/consular-services/notarial-services. From time to time, visiting staff may be able to assist with notarial acts, if you would like more information please get in touch at email@example.com
Living in Australia
The High Commission welcomes expressions of interest from enthusiastic and suitably qualified Cook Islands residents who have an interest in future employment opportunities with the Australian High Commission.
Current vacancies are listed here: https://cookislands.highcommission.gov.au/rtga/Vacancies.html
Expressions of interest will be added to a temporary employment register which we can draw on for short term appointments as required.
Latest News and Events
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Australian Minister for Foreign Affairs
- Australian Minister for Trade
Find us on Facebook
Find us on Twitter